information can be found
the restored Kansas City Southern Depot which also serves as a
tourist information center. The depot is located at 524 Sherwood
The depot, built in 1920, fell into disrepair after being closed in
1969. In 1985, volunteers, including the non-profit SouthWest
Artists, Inc., started work on saving the building. It was deeded to
the city in 1986 and reopened in July 1987, after restoration
involving 7,500 hours of volunteer labor and $120,000 in donations.
The building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places,
also houses local
history exhibits and railroad memorabilia.
County Chamber of Commerce is located in the depot and can be
reached by calling (479) 394-2912
or going to
their website at